Pageviews last month

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Importance of Proper Preparation

People seem to always make excuses. This is seperate topic that needs to be addressed at a later time. However I will say this: when it matters enough, you'll stop make excuses, and you will make it happen!

Anyway, I just thought I would offer some tips to help you be prepared for any sitution, but mostly just to be prepared for each new week.

If you are just transitioning to the clean eating lifestyle, keep it simple. Learn a few recipes you can make easily, and then try to learn a new recipe each week. Commit to trying a new healthy snack once a week. Variety is important in keeping you committed! You don't want to feel deprived. Feelings of deprivation increases the likelihood that you will throw your clean eating to the wind!
So my main method for always being prepared is cooking as much in advance as possible. I pair this with meals I can cook in batches that don't require a lot of attention. My two go to breakfast staples right now are baked oatmeal and egg white quiche. I can mix them in the ovenproof bowls and bake them at 375 for 30-35 minutes at the same time. This lets me finish the dishes, fold laundry, do some cardio, or whatever else while they are cooking. Minimal attention is required, and they are delicious!
The main take away is that when you are prepared, the excuses evaporate. Don't let yourself get caught unawares! Don't be "forced" into eating terrible unclean foods!

NO EXCUSES!



My full lunch box, which will be empty by the end of the day. I even have extra snacks in there in case I am away from home longer than I expect to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment