Pageviews last month

Thursday, December 15, 2011

War in Iraq Over

So the war in Iraq is officially over today huh? Well that's interesting. So they are saying that the soldiers' sacrafice was to bring about an Iraq free of tyranny. That does indeed sound noble. However, I'm still pretty sure that the whole thing was about oil.

When the United States needed Saddam Hussein, it was easy to overlook all of his human rights violations then. I'm not blaming the troops or anything (I am one), however, I just don't understand why we should cover up our reasons for being there. It makes us liars. I think we actually look worse than if we were to be honest. Many Iraqis feel that we are leaving behind a broken mess, now that we are no longer interested. Are they wrong?

'A new chapter': US officially ends Iraq war

No comments:

Post a Comment