Pageviews last month

Sunday, June 10, 2012

End of week 12, Start of Week 11!

June 2nd                                                         June 10th





So I'm within 12 weeks now of my competition. I really do like my progress this week. I lost another pound (122.6), and .5% more body fat (16%). My abs are really starting to show through, and my legs are still leaning out too.

This week was super busy. I had to get up at 0300 on a couple days this week. I supervised a PT test and made sure to hit the gym each day that I was supposed to go. Actually my new weight lifting program has me working out everyday, but I alternate with two high intensity days and then one low intensity day. The low intensity day is always just cardio. High intensity days are weights and cardio. Judging by my pictures, I would have to say it's working out for me. At least I know I'm getting enough rest now though. Despite my early days, I really felt like all my workouts were quality.

As I've been making my own progress, I have gotten to tell people about what it takes for me to get where I am. The main question is how I manage to keep up with all the work. Really though, when anyone really wants something, they do whatever they can, don't they? Like when a guy really likes a girl, he goes out of his way to takes her to nice places to eat (my clean nutrition), he makes time to see her, even when he has no time (my gym time), and he tries to get to know as much about her as he can (my pursuit of nutrition and fitness knowledge).

Earning an excellent body is just that, you have to earn it. You have to court it. It does take time, and it does take work, but doesn't anything worth having? Despite the fitness gimmicks out there, nothing that will last happens in 10/14/30 days. Real progression is made over time. If you take a pill that causes you to lose 15 pounds very fast, your body may be stripped of valuable muscle in the process. You have not learned to treat your body with the care it deserves. It is often said that the journey is just as important as the destination, and that is especially true for any fitness journey. It never ends.
Once you really hit a goal, the only thing to do is make a new goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment