Pageviews last month

Sunday, June 24, 2012

End of Week 10, Start of Week 9

So it has actually been two weeks since my last blog post. I am feeling really good about my progress since I wrote last. I've lost .5% more body fat (15.5%), and I've also lost 1/2 inch more off of my thighs (19.5"). I'm down to 119.6 pounds. My goal is to get to 15% body fat by July, and I am certain I will make that goal.

I don't have a set weight goal. I do know that a safe weight loss goal is between 1/2 and 1 pound per week. It has to be slow to ensure I'm not also losing muscle. I'm pretty sure I've done a good job of not trying to lose too much too fast. So I just try to keep my sights on a healthy fat loss goal.

Daniel had drill today, so he wasn't here to help me take progress photos today. So I will just take them next Sunday. If anything, I might see a more stark amount of progress. Also, next Sunday will put me at 8 weeks out of the competition.

I should not have trouble getting in all of my workouts this week, but it still stands to be a busy week. There seems to be something going on almost every day. Mostly Army stuff. I was supposed to sponsor a soldier to the promotion board on Tuesday, but that ended up being pushed off to August. We have to wear our class A's on Wednesday, which is an ordeal in and of itself. Then I have a company language meeting at 1600. Thursday I have a NCO Development Program class at 1630! I'm not sure where I'm supposed to fit in the company training meeting on Thursday (1530), but I'm sure it will all work out. Long days this week.

So I have finished the nutrition and supplementation unit in my ISSA course book. I really enjoyed learning about the zig-zag approach to dieting. I think it is why carb cycling works. Really one should focus on calorie cycling. Having super low carb days (50 grams or less), is unhealthy for the body. That is why people always feel so tired. Your brain and organs run on carbohydrates. So zig-zagging caloric intake will help keep one's BMR (basal metabolic rate) from readjusting too low, to accomodate for the lower caloric intake. So today I made sure to eat more food than normal, most of it in the form of additional complex carbohydrates. By the end of the day, I will have eaten around 2100 calories. About 35% of my calories came from protein, and 40% from carbohydrates. The rest was all healthy fats. On a normal day, I will ingest anywhere from 1400-1600 calories. This way, my BMR does not become too used to that reduced calorie diet.

So I guess that is all for now. I have an active rest day, so a run is on the menu! Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment