Pageviews last month

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Off Season Training

So competition season is pretty much over, but I definitely have not been idle. I've increased my calories, and cut cardio. That's right, I'm bulking! I did bodybuilding.com's Y3T program for 9 weeks, and it was great! Now I'm following my own program which will set the stage for competition prep after New Year's. Still no cardio, but all programs should be flexible, and mine is.

It is a 5 day per week training program (weekends are rest days). No cardio right now, but when the time comes the program will be adapted. I will probably add a cardio session on Saturday morning, which I can do in my home. Rest days are super important, especially when you train hard! You don't build a hard body in the gym! You build it during recovery. You build it with what you eat and drink. You build it when you sleep. All of these things are part of a solid training program. Nutrition, Rest (including sleep!), and Exercise.

Monday: Quads and Glutes
Tuesday: Chest and Triceps
Wednesday: Abs and Lower Back
Thursday: Back, Biceps, and Delts
Friday: Hamstrings and Calves

Check out my Body Calendar on bodybuilding.com for the details!
http://my.bodybuilding.com/workouts/calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment